Welcome to NECA!
NECA is dedicated to making patient-centered care for COPD Patients a reality by mobilizing and facilitating participation of health care professionals as well as COPD patients and families in all aspects of the National Emphysema/COPD Association (NECA) and is committed to:
• Identifying resources to facilate professional and patient/family participation
• Responding with sensitivity to cultural differences (including language barriers)
• Promoting public awareness to increase national funding for research
• Encouraging early identification and treatment, prevention campaigns, and improve treatment and care
• Developing resources for peer support groups and other patient organizations
• Participating in seminars and educational programs, including workshops for patients and family caregivers
• Organizing state, regional, and international “COPD Networks”
• Soliciting material for NECA Community News and necaweb.org
Recognizing that it takes a variety of clinical practices participating in a TEAM approach to care for COPD patients, and that COPD is a global issue, the NECA Medical Advisory Council was established with this in mind. It currently includes 20 physicians (8 from other countries) and 12 non-physician clinician members (respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nurses) all known as national and or international leaders in COPD and for providing patient educations and support.
NECA is a member of the US COPD Coalition and the international COPD Coalition.
Go to The Survey! click hereThe American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), with the support of patient support groups and home medical equipment providers, is conducting a survey about oxygen services that are being provided in the home. If you use oxygen in the home, please take a few minutes to take this survey. The results of the survey will be published on the AARC?s web site when it is completed. Questions about the survey or the results can be directed to Nick Macmillan, RRT, FAARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your help!